I get so many questions from people all over the world and one question that I answered over and over again is, “After I get tree braids what do I do to keep the hair looking nice?” Well let me answer this question for you all!
1. I Suggest that you do your best to keep the hair CLEAN! So that means that you should wash the hair once or twice a week with lukewarm or cold water.
2. When washing the hair, mix shampoo with lots of conditioner and brush the hair thoroughly. Do this by washing the hair in one direction and squeezing the shampoo and conditioner from top to bottom, then rinse it out with clean water.
3. Make sure that you brush/comb the hair everyday and after each wash. When brushing the hair start from the bottom and work your way gradually to the top. (If you have a weave that is on the weft make sure to hold the weft while brushing/combing to minimize shedding)
4. To keep the hair from drying out dilute conditioner (10%-15%) with water (85%-90%). If you have hair that has a curl pattern in it use the above noted solution as a hair spray ever day before brushing.
5. Make couple of big braids when going to sleep, swim, or exercise (please untangle the hair before making the braids). NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR! Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.
I truly hope that these tips have been beneficial to you because I know that they help me and my clients on a daily basis!