The best style for growing your hair natural

tree  braid tree braids natural hair

I have so many people who want to know what style they should get while growing there hair natural. I tell them all tree braids! Here are the top 8 reasons why Tree braids are the way to have your hair styled while growing out your hair.

1. They take about 3-4 hours to complete

2. They last between 6-8 weeks

3. They are less expensive then micro braids

4. You can style them any way you choose

5. You can use any hair that is 18 inches or longer

6. Your natural hair is completely braided so no heat will be applied

7. You can use human or synthetic hair

8. Your hair is able to be conditioned and just grow long and healthy.

44 Responses to “The best style for growing your hair natural”

1. Ann says:

I would like to know who did the tree braids for the young lady in the photo.

2. courtney says:

Do you know someone who do tree braids in atlanta, ga

3. Kris says:

Courtney, I don’t want to publish info on the blog so please shoot me an email, kristen@kristenlock.com

4. Kris says:

I did young Ann, thanks for stopping by.

5. Michele says:

Hi there, these look great as I’m transitioning to natural and growing tired of curlformers, roddiings, etc. What’s the best type of hair to use or technique to prevent matting of the added hair? Is it better to go with yaki or hair that curls when wet? How is the hairline approached? In the photo it looks very natural. Will the style be flat to the head or be full? Is there anyone in Chicago that can do this technique?

6. Kellie says:

Hi! What kind of hair was used for the woman in the picture? What length was it? It looks really good!

7. Ann says:

how much hair is need for tree braiding? how many packs?

8. Kris says:

You need 2 packs of hair.
    If you are purchasing it by the ounceget 8oz.

9. Kris says:

This is probably the number one question that I get about the pictures I have on my site. I am sad to say that I do not know the brand of hair that she used! She brought her own hair and I do not remember the brand! I do however know that it is 24 inches long.

10. Kris says:

If you want to avoid matting while you have tree braids I suggest that you plat your hair at night if you used curly hair or wrap it if the hair you used is straight. If you used curly human hair then I would suggest that you also use a leave in conditioner spray to de-tangle and soften the curl.

11. Margaret says:

I really like the straight look, I’ve always used wet and wavy human hair. But I would like a change, I interested in this form of braiding do you know anyone in the SF bay area or sarcramento,CA

12. Bridget says:

Where are you located?

13. Joy says:

The lady’s hair in the picture is gorgeous. I was looking for a stylist for my 14 year old, but now I may be going as well. Please let me know who did this…hopefully in the Atlanta area.

14. K says:

Is there ANY way to ask you client the brand and type of hair she used? I think that many folks on here would greatly appreciate it. It’s almost like a tease to see it but not know where/how to get it :)

15. K says:

Btw thanks in advance:)

16. valerie says:

how much is it

17. shawna says:

Where can you get tree braids done in chicago?

18. nikky says:

ok, so i was thinkning of switching from individuals to tree braids is that a good idea?
    how obvious r the braids?

19. Krystal says:

I was just viewing your site and love the pictures. Your work look marvelous. Do you know of anyone in MS (or Memphis, TN) who does tree braids? I really want this hairstyle.

20. donia says:

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

MY email address is ms.doniablaze@yahoo.com

I like the straight treebraids style and I live in Maryland. How can i contact you?

21. Joi says:

Is the person who did the tree braids in chicago? if so, can I have the person info?

22. Brittany Smalls says:

Hey Kris the tree braids look so nice!! I am planning on studying abroad this fall for 3-4 months and I want my hair to have a break and grow out…now this only lasts for 6-8 weeks but do you think it is a good idea? Or what do you think I should do in that situation? I am nervous about my hair…and also are they easy to take out? I’m guessing tree braids are basically like sew in weave, except for a little more braiding involved…well braiding instead of sewing? Any suggestions would help!!

23. Tasha says:

Hi live in New York I’ve looking for a salon that does treebraing.If any suggestion please reply via email at nbouloute@hotmail.com

24. Carolyn Young says:

I live in the Maryland area and would love this professional look. I met a braider who does another type of braid when I wanted the tree. Because she only speaks French, we don’t communicate well together.

Do you know of anyone in this area you could recommend?

Thanks! The photos are great.

Carolyn

25. Nika says:

I love the braids. Can you please tell me where you got them done?

Thanks

26. Marinetty says:

I would love to know who did this young ladies hair in the photo? I live in Atlanta GA

27. Tiffany says:

WHO DOES THESE BRAIDS AND HOW MUCH???

28. Denise says:

Kristen
    Can you tell me some of the good brands of human hair to buy? The only one that I’ve ever used is milky way and it is expensive so I would like to find something just as good but not cost so much. thanks

29. Amy says:

When you do tree braids do you have to put a knot in them?

If you do. What is the best way to take the braids out when you get to the knot without damaging your hair?

30. kristenlock.com; You saved my day again.

31. melissa says:

i was wondering if those are cornrow tree braids or single ones?

32. DALIDA BRAIDING says:

HI?? People i will be glad to satisfy u i a m professionnal braider with 16years of expeience .I do all African braids including TREE BRaids my customers all come from MARYLAND VIRGINIA and DC

33. DALIDA BRAIDING says:

BECOME MY FAN OR MEMBER ON MY FACEBOOK…MY WEBSITE IS COMING SOON .THIS IS MY CELL PHONE NUMBER 202 629 6675

34. Tasha says:

This style looks wonderful & it is exactly what I am looking for THANKS :) now I just need to find someone in San Antonio, TX to do my tree braids!!!

35. kristen says:

If there is please email me at kristen.braids@gmail.com and I will be able to send you lots of clients!

36. Brittani says:

Hey Kristen,

Your work is amazing! I’m trying to find someone that tree braids in my area. But let me ask you, how do you secure the hair? And how do you achieve the less braidy look in the front? I want to keep the braids showing to a minimum.

Thank you SO much!

37. Marla says:

These are beautiful. I’d like to know of a qualitiy tree braider in the NY/NJ area.

38. Cynthia says:

Hello

First of all your styles and professionalism is amazing and refreshing. I thank you for creating such a wonderful forum for healthier hair care.

My question is a common one… Are there stylists that have mastered your techniques in the New York or surrounding areas and if so will you kndly forward their contact information. Do you have an affiliate program of sorts available?

Thank you in advance.

Cynthia
    Long Island, New York

39. Ann says:

Hello,

I live in Los Angeles and was wondering where can i get my hair tree braided? IS this style more expensive than getting individual braids? Is it better to use human hair?

Thanks in advance…

40. barbie says:

i was wondering could you do tree braids with like the bulk thick braiding hair?

41. TAS says:

hi Kris do you know of anyone in barbados that does this?

42. Kim says:

If I bra strap length hair will tree braids work for me?

43. Terri says:

I was on the website kristenlock.com and saw the picture of the girl with tree braids – bone straight hair. Are you able to tell me what type of hair was used for this type of tree braiding, how many packs are needed & if there is any “special technique” required in obtaining this look. Looking for a tree braider in the Atlanta area. Thanks

44. SELMA says:

Your Tree Braids are beautiful are they cornrow or single ones and where can i find a salon in charlotte n.c are surrounding area& what’s the cost THANK YOU
    SELMA