Tree Braid Questions

tree-braids-raleigh-durham-2tree-braids-raleigh-durham-4

Here is another question from one of my readers (my response is in blue):
Dear Kristen,

I wanted to ask you a few question about tree braids. I saw these pictures on your blog. I really liked it and decided to get some. If you could please answer them before tomorrow I would be most thankful.
1- Are they hard to maintain?No I tell my clients to just wrap it at night and wash it every 2 weeks either with a waterless shampoo or with seabreez.

2- About how long do they take to do?About 4 hours

3- What is the average price of them?Between $160-$200

4- Do you do them yourself?Any tree braided style that you see on my site was done by me Kristen Lock

5- Does the hair cover up the braids so that they are not seen?

Thank you and i hope you can answer these questions before tomorrow.
From, Amanda

27 Responses to “Tree Braid Questions”

1. Niki says:

Hi Ms. Kristen,

I love this style of tree braids. In ever had them before and would like to try it. I’m so burnt out on microbraids. What type, brand, and inches did you use to create the style above?

Thanks

2. gene says:

hi, my wife wants to get tree braids but shes afraid it will look bulky instead of laying down flat…any suggestions? she wants the look like pic above

3. Khalilah says:

Hi Kristen’

I want tree braids so bad! Where r u located? I live in los Angeles, California so who do u recommend I go to. Please help me!

4. Kara says:

Hey Ms. Kristen,

I love this site! I’ve found so much helpful information. Anyway, I have a question about tree braids. Usually I get kinky twist, but I’m trying something new with the tree braids. The only question I have is what kinds of styling products do you recommend I use on the hair? I’m using human hair.

Thanks!!!

5. kristen says:

please send me an email @ kristen at kristenlock.com and I will reply to your specific question.

6. kristen says:

I use to live in LA and I do travel back frequently so you will have to send me your email address and I will let you the next time that I am in LA and I will set up an appointment to do your hair.

7. kristen says:

I used 18 inches. I did not buy this hair but the client provided it for me and I am not sure what she used. All I know is that she bought it from a store in Charlotte NC.

8. kristen says:

I am frequently asked tis question. No I am not located in Los Angeles, I am located in Raleigh NC. I do however travel to Los Angeles Frequently.

9. kristen says:

Thank you for recognizing that. People ALWAYS steal my photos. It is quite sad =( But yes I do do all of the braided styles that are displayed on my site.

10. kristen says:

Yes it is bossible. If you would like to wear it in a ponytail you will need to ask your braider to but lacing braids in the back so that it will conceal the tree braids in the back. As for pictures I do not currently have any but I have a client tomorrow and I will try to remember to take this kind of picture for you. I will then post it on the blog.

Kristen Lock

11. kristen says:

No, But Raleigh is not that far from DC

12. what is the difference between treebraids and invisible braids? Wish you were in Kansas City, MO your work is beautiful.

13. kristen says:

Not a big difference in the connection, the main difference is in the root exposure. Tree braids are designed to show more of the root, but can be disquised to look just like invisilble

14. Ylonda says:

Kristen-

Thanks for the all the info on your page. You seem to have more info available than most sites. Thanks!

Question for you about the picture above (http://kristenlock.com/2009/07/30/tree-braid-questions/)…I just love the look. What type of hair did you use? Is this the European or French refined? I see that it is straight. I like the straight look instead of the wavy. So, I wasn’t sure if it was the same type of hair. I also like the fact that the hair doesn’t look super straight, but more like relaxed hair. I’m in the DC area. So any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

15. Tigga says:

I have virgin hair and my sides are thin, can tree braids still be done in my hair and still look good.

16. reecee says:

hello kristen

let me begin by saying your work is beautiul! i have recently stopped taking a medication that i was on for years. it has taken its toll on my hair which has never really been long. it is now maybe an inch long i am at my wits end here i want to get some kind of braids or extensions i have gone to a couple different shops here in fayetteville NC i was told my hair was too short for anything i am so tired of the humilation i feel each time i hear that is there anything i can do or any method that works with extremely short hair

17. angel frm alabama says:

hi Kristen
    i have a question ? okay i want to get tree braid but i will be my first but the thing about is my root my hair is kind of damaged if u look at my hair it doesn’t look like it is but it is and i was wonder can you get tree braid a little bigger or not away to take my hair out or is there a another style i dont want micro had the b4 didnt like them can u help

18. angel frm alabama says:

and how long does it take to come down do u have to get one to take it down for u and what product u i need to u what kind of hair and while the take my root or any of my hair it my first so I’m asking someone with truly knows b4 i get them and mess my self up do i have to go to a pacific person too let them do it

19. angel frm alabama says:

Dear Kristen

And how long does it take to come down do i have to get one to take it down for me and what product do i need to us what kind of hair and will it take my roots or any of my hair out it my first so I’m asking someone who truly knows b4 i get them and mess my self up do i have to go to a pacific person too let them do it

20. Kenyetta says:

Hello Kristen
    I live in Greenville NC and have been trying DESPERATELY to find someone who does tree braids in this area. I stumbled onto your site and I love your work! Could you please email me some information on where in Raleigh you are located, how to set up an appointment, etc. I called the 1-800 number at the site but wasn’t able to leave a message. Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you soon!!!!!

21. chole says:

what do you do when you get to the end of your hair?

22. DeeDee says:

Hello Kristen!

I was wondering how do you finish off the tree braids? Do you leave out the regular hair or do you stop at a certain point to begin individual braids?

23. Nikki says:

Im so glad I found this page, I’ve been very confused about tree braids. If you have any reccomendations for skilled tree braiders in the Raleigh-Durham or Charlotte, NC area, please post here or email me. I like the picture with the straight hair as well because the front was done very nicely. I would like to get synthetic hair if its not going to look too shiny. Will the Brandy Pro-10 hair work as well? I dont want yaki straight, but a loose body wave that can be cut in layers that I can basically shake and go. If that’s not possible, then I’ll get the wavy hair. Im in a wedding in a few weeks and the last thing I want is to end up with some bad tree braids!

24. Christine says:

Hi I was wondering if you knew places that do tree braiding in either Modesto, CA or Indiana? And do you have a recommendation for the type of hair to use to get a more “human” look instead of synthetic?

25. Mlisa says:

Hey Kristen, Did you use any finishing product on the hair at all when you were done?

26. Kathy says:

Hi Kristen. I’ve been trying to email you and wondering if you’re able to be contacted. I am trying to find out when you might be in Los Angeles again or if there is someone in L.A. you could recommend for tree braids.

27. Denise says:

Are you still in Raleigh? I’m not far from there!!!